This circuit is a killer. It will need every ounce of effort from your arms. But pays out with bigger, leaner results.
Duration: 50 Minutes
Equipment: Barbell, EZ Barbell, Cable Machine
Rest for 10 seconds between sets & 30 seconds between moves.
Break for two minutes after sets for the finisher pushdowns. If you want to pump out maximum growth hormone, you need to push to exhaustion.
- Standing Bicep Curl – 5 sets of 6 reps
- California Press – 5 sets of 6 reps
- Supported Row – 5 sets of 8 reps
- EZ French Press – 5 sets of 8 reps
- Drag Curl – 5 sets of 12 reps
- EZ Skull Crusher – 5 sets of 12 reps
- EZ Reverse Preacher Curl – 5 sets of 15 reps
- [F] EZ Cable Pushdown – 5 sets of 15 reps
Tip – Working your grip means you’re changing the angles to hone both parts of your biceps to a far greater degree.
- Wide- this concentrates the work on the short head of the biceps – the portion on the inside of your arms – for arms that appear thicker face-on.
- Narrow – shift your hands in [no more than 2 inches in from shoulder width] to shift the emphasis to the long head of the bicep, developing the coveted peaked appearance.
- Overhand – facing your palm down bring the forearms into play & targets the long head of the biceps. It uses your shoulder joint as a stabiliser too. Not bad.